Second International Conference On Research And Practices In Education (Feburary 24-25, 2017)
The major aim of 2nd ICRPE 2017 is to provide an opportunity to rethink about the educational impact in bringing social change. Education in the new world is being restructured with the emerging techniques, methods and computer applications. The paradigm shift that had started in the mid of twentieth century not only overcome all old and traditional schools of thought but also added a lot more responsibility for the educators and specifically to the researchers in the field. It is common perception that the education provided by the universities at present is not aligned with the community needs. The community and the universities are working in isolation this may be a stumbling block in bringing harmony in the society. This conference will focus to deliberate the possible community university linkages and practices. Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) having large number of prospective teachers across the country representing all sections of the community may have more potential to reach community. In this context the conference invites researchers, scholars and professionals across the globe from all fields of education and allied disciplines to present their work in various forms i.e. Oral paper presentations, round table discussions, and poster presentations. We are inviting researchers from all modes and levels of education. Proceedings of the conference will published and selected papers will go through blind peer review process for the publication in following AIOU Journals:
- Pakistan Journal of Education
- Pakistan Journal of Distance & Online Learning (PJDOL)
- Journal of Contemporary Teacher education
Major Goals Of The Conference
1. To initiate an analytical and critical discourse among the researchers and scholars of the field that may lead to social change.
2. To provide opportunity to scholars across the globe for dissemination of their research work for addressing the social phenomenon.
3. To highlight innovative methods and modes of research around the world that focus social integration and consolidation.
4. To explore the practices of technology integration that may help to align the teaching learning context with the societal demands.
5. To project practices that may contribute towards inclusive society.
Message From The Vice Chancellor Of AIOU
Prof. Dr. Shahid Siddiqui
First of all I welcome you to the scenic campus of AIOU in the midst of Margalla Hills, Islamabad. ICRPE 2017 is going to be a unique experience for all of us in several ways. AIOU is hosting a conference that invites people from around the world to share their research and practices at almost every level of education that will focus the importance of education towards bringing change in society. The major purpose of the conference is to provide researchers and practitioners a platform to present their recent work, and to interact with fellows in a global community of practice and share their research and experiences. We see this conference as a forum to foresee the impact of education on society. It will also help to develop the consensus in stream lining the future of education. I take this opportunity to appreciate the efforts of Faculty of Education at AIOU in organizing such an exclusive conference which is aligned with the AIOU philosophy of Research dissemination.